Looking forward to a career in surveying?
Learn how to collect and analyse spatial data for complex engineering structures, roads, railways and surface and underground mining operations.
Throughout this course you'll learn about the operation of sophisticated surveying equipment and software (including GPS) and the processing of survey data to produce computer aided engineering drawings and mine plans, building on the skills gained in the Diploma of Surveying.
This qualification is required for Authorised Mine Surveyor and Certified Engineering Surveyor.
- Conduct advanced GNSS control surveys
- Conduct complex engineering set-out surveys
- Conduct open pit and underground mine surveys
- Manage risk
- Monitor engineering structures
I have the following attributes:
- Good mathematics skills
- Ability to work neatly and accurately
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Good health and eyesight (which can be corrected)
- A good eye for detail
Completion of the Diploma of Surveying or equivalent.
Other costs for consideration:
- Text Books
- 3 days per week
- None required – Optional
Other job titles may include:
- Surveyor (Mining | Engineering | Construction)
- Survey Assistant
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
Graduates may be eligible for university entry.
Estimated Course Fee
Estimated Concession Fee
Eligible for VSL
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses, or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.