Radio broadcasting skills that will help you land your first job
Radio is an exciting, dynamic industry, filled with passionate, articulate people. This Advanced Diploma course provides you with all the skills to land your first job in a radio station. You will develop a wide skill set in all aspects of the radio industry, including commercial and management skills.
This is a hands-on course and you will have a placement in a real radio station, our own BOOM Radio, giving you a chance to develop industry networks, and practical experience. Build on the skills you gained in the Diploma to be able to confidently produce or present on your own live radio show, be on the air, entertaining and informing people and becoming a part of their daily lives.
You can put your experience and skills to good use working across a range of radio and broadcasting roles and you will also be able to apply your marketing, writing and research skills in many other fields.
Over 90% of this year's graduating students have already found employment or gained entry to university to further their study and career opportunities.
Boom Radio is run by our students who are in their second and final year, studying an Advance Diploma of Screen and Media (Radio Broadcasting).
- Evolve ideas for professional creative work
- Coordinate outside broadcasts
- Develop marketing plans and advertising campaigns
- Implement sound designs
- Write scripts and persuasive copy
I have the following attributes:
- Creative mindset
- Good communication skills
- Focus and motivation
- Flexibility and good organisational skills
- Team player
- Reliability and able to work to a deadline
Two semesters after completion of Diploma of Screen and Media (Radio Broadcasting)) or recent industry experience and knowledge.
- Director ( Radio) | Program Director (Radio) | Radio Producer
- Radio Presenter | Announcer | Media Producer | Disc Jockey (Radio) | Talk-back Host | Tourism Radio Presenter
Other job titles may include:
- Radio News Reader
- Radio Promotions & Marketing roles
- Radio Account Executive | Sales Representative
- Production & Imaging roles
- Programming | Content roles
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred option below to get started with your application.
Semester 1, 2022
Leederville - On Campus
|When||Semester 1, 2022|