Radio broadcasting skills that will help you land your first job
Radio is an exciting, dynamic industry, filled with passionate, articulate people. This Advanced Diploma course provides you with all the skills to land your first job in a radio station. You will develop a wide skill set in all aspects of the radio industry, including commercial and management skills.
This is a hands-on course and you will have a placement in a real radio station, our own BOOM Radio, giving you a chance to develop industry networks, and practical experience. Build on the skills you gained in the Diploma to be able to confidently produce or present on your own live radio show, be on the air, entertaining and informing people and becoming a part of their daily lives.
You can put your experience and skills to good use working across a range of radio and broadcasting roles and you will also be able to apply your marketing, writing and research skills in many other fields.
Over 90% of this year's graduating students have already found employment or gained entry to university to further their study and career opportunities.
Boom Radio is run by our students who are in their second and final year, studying an Advance Diploma of Screen and Media (Radio Broadcasting).
- Evolve ideas for professional creative work
- Coordinate outside broadcasts
- Develop marketing plans and advertising campaigns
- Implement sound designs
- Write scripts and persuasive copy
I have the following attributes:
- Creative mindset
- Good communication skills
- Focus and motivation
- Flexibility and good organisational skills
- Team player
- Reliability and able to work to a deadline
Two semesters after completion of Diploma of Screen and Media (Radio Broadcasting)) or recent industry experience and knowledge.
- Director ( Radio) | Program Director (Radio) | Radio Producer
- Radio Presenter | Announcer | Media Producer | Disc Jockey (Radio) | Talk-back Host | Tourism Radio Presenter
Other job titles may include:
- Radio News Reader
- Radio Promotions & Marketing roles
- Radio Account Executive | Sales Representative
- Production & Imaging roles
- Programming | Content roles
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
Estimated Course Fee
Estimated Concession Fee
Eligible for VSL
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.