Let your artistic skills take you to the next level
Game artists build the environments, characters and the vehicles/props for games.
As well as providing hands-on artistic and technical training in game art, this Advanced Diploma delves into designing games and scripting game interactions. You'll benefit from our strong industry connections and have the opportunity to showcase your work to many of the largest studios in Perth at the end of year Expo. By the end of this course you'll have created a showreel of work and produced a game of your own.
You will be equipped to be competitive in the global market, using the same software and work practices employed by top games and animation studios all over the world.
The course is 100% practical and you will develop your creative abilities in:
- 3D character modelling, texturing and rigging
- Environment and prop creation
- Concept art
- Level design and gameplay
- Game scripting and interactivity
- Software including Autodesk Maya, Unity, Pixologic Zbrush, Substance Painter and Designer and Adobe Photoshop, Premiere Pro and After Effects
I have the following attributes:
- Creative flair and strong designing abilities
- Aptitude for solving complex technical problems
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Good communication skills
- Able to work individually and as part of a team
Completion of CUA51015 Diploma of Screen and Media (Animation & Game Art), or equivalent.
Typically 3 days per week plus student lab time
Other job titles may include:
- Games Designer
- Games Artist
- Level Designer
- 3D Modeller
- Technical Artist
- Gameplay Programmer
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
Estimated Course Fee
Estimated Concession Fee
Eligible for VSL
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.