Create and explore new worlds with this animation and games art qualification
This Advanced Diploma qualification is art-focussed and provides you with high-end practical skills in concept art, 3D modelling, animation and visual effects. You'll benefit from our strong industry connections and have the opportunity to showcase your work to many of the largest studios in Perth at the end of year Expo. By the end of the course you will have created a showreel of work, and a short animated film.
After completing this course you'll be equipped to be competitive in the global market, using the same software and work practices employed by top animation, VFX and games studios all over the world.
This course is 100% practical and you will develop your creative capabilities in:
- Concept art and visual development
- 3D character modelling, texturing and rigging
- Visual Effects
- 2D and 3D character animation
- Short film production
- Software including Autodesk Maya, Toon Boom Harmony, Pixologic Zbrush, Substance Painter and Designer, Blackmagic Fusion and Adobe Photoshop, Premiere Pro and After Effects
I have the following attributes:
- Creatively driven and imaginative
- Self motivated and passionate
- Good analytical and spatial skills
Completion of CUA51015 Diploma of Screen and Media (Animation & Game Art), or equivalent.
Other costs for consideration:
- External Hard-drive (approx. $50)
- USB 2.0 (minimum) with at least 100GB storage
- 3 days per week plus Student Lab Time
- Animation Designer
- 3D Modeller
- Visual Effects Artist
- Concept 2D/3D Artist
- Storyboard Artist
- Digital Artist
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred option below to get started with your application.
Semester 1, 2022
Perth - On Campus
|When||Semester 1, 2022|