Create and explore new worlds with this animation and games art qualification
This Advanced Diploma qualification is art-focussed and provides you with high-end practical skills in concept art, 3D modelling, animation and visual effects. You'll benefit from our strong industry connections and have the opportunity to showcase your work to many of the largest studios in Perth at the end of year Expo. By the end of the course you will have created a showreel of work, and a short animated film.
After completing this course you'll be equipped to be competitive in the global market, using the same software and work practices employed by top animation, VFX and games studios all over the world.
This course is 100% practical and you will develop your creative capabilities in:
- Concept art and visual development
- 3D character modelling, texturing and rigging
- Visual Effects
- 2D and 3D character animation
- Short film production
- Software including Autodesk Maya, Toon Boom Harmony, Pixologic Zbrush, Substance Painter and Designer, Blackmagic Fusion and Adobe Photoshop, Premiere Pro and After Effects
I have the following attributes:
- Creatively driven and imaginative
- Self motivated and passionate
- Good analytical and spatial skills
Completion of CUA51015 Diploma of Screen and Media (Animation & Game Art), or equivalent.
Other costs for consideration:
- External Hard-drive (approx. $50)
- USB 2.0 (minimum) with at least 100GB storage
- 3 days per week plus Student Lab Time
- Animation Designer
- 3D Modeller
- Visual Effects Artist
- Concept 2D/3D Artist
- Storyboard Artist
- Digital Artist
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
Estimated Course Fee
Estimated Concession Fee
Eligible for VSL
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses, or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.