Become an industry ready professional animator
The Advanced Diploma in Screen & Media (Animation & Visualisation) will prepare you for work in the high end digital animation visualisation industry. In our professional training studio, you will receive industry level experience and expertise in our LiveWorks program. At the end of this course, you will have actual industry experience, be known in the industry, and have actual work on your CV.
New students who have not studied the course that precedes this qualification should contact the area to ensure they apply for the correct level of study.
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|Completion of WACE General or ATAR (Minimum C Grades) or equivalent||Completion of WACE General or ATAR or equivalent (minimum C Grades)||Certificate III|
Other costs for consideration:
- External Hard-drive (approx. $50)
- USB 2.0 (minimum) with at least 100GB storage
- 4 days per week plus Student Lab Time
Careers in this field include:
- digital artist,
- freelance or studio animator,
- technical artist,
- story development,
- visualisation of all kinds,
- AR and VR development,
- animation and effects post production, and
- creative project management
For information about jobs and pathways, please see joboutlook.gov.au
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
Estimated Course Fee
Estimated Concession Fee
Eligible for VSL
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred option below to get started with your application.