It's what's on the inside that counts
This qualification will give you the practical skills and knowledge to find creative and technical solutions for built interior environments.
Interior design includes planning and detailing complex residential, hospitality, retail, commercial and institutional design projects with an emphasis on space creation and spatial planning. Interior designers consider aesthetics, function, branding, manufacturing, marketability and construction of interior spaces, including materials and sustainable environments and special needs for the benefit of the user.
You will learn to adapt to global design trends and technical innovations while developing contacts with interiors sources, products, and suppliers.
Graduates may work as interior designers for interior design and architectural practices or become self-employed design consultants. And employment opportunities are good in the commercial sector including interior decoration work in office-fit outs for large businesses.
The Advanced Diploma of Interior Design is a great precursor to further study at University. With a higher qualification, you can improve your earning potential and employment prospects.
- Work on design projects
- Consider aesthetics, functionality, space planning, construction, materials and finishes
- Complete designs for commercial/institutional interiors
- Create digital presentations
- Research and keep up with current design trends
- Develop sustainable designs
I have the following attributes:
- Creativity, imagination and artistic flair
- Ability to work to a client's needs and guidelines
- Good communication and listening skill
- Good colour sense and an eye for detail
- An aptitude for illustration and technical drawing
- An understanding of building construction
At North Metropolitan TAFE this Advanced Diploma of Interior Design course will take an additional year after successful completion MSF50218 Diploma of Interior Design(opens in a new tab) .
If you have completed MSF50213 Diploma of Interior Design and Decoration (or any earlier Diploma of Interior Design) you will need to enrol in additional units to meet all the unit requirements of MSF60118 Advanced Diploma of Interior Design.
If you wish to enrol in MSF60118 Advanced Diploma of Interior Design and do not have MSF50218, please contact the Head of Programs for Interior Design for further information.
Other job titles may include:
- Self-employed Design Consultant
- Design Project Administrator
- Design Manager
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred option below to get started with your application.
Semester 1, 2022
Perth - On Campus
|When||Semester 1, 2022|