Do you want a passport to employment all over the world?
When you complete the Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management you will be able to work anywhere as an operations manager, food and beverage manager, duty supervisor or front office manager.
You will gain the knowledge and skills to manage effectively in the hospitality industry, with the ability to lead and manage a diverse team.
On completion of this course you may decide to undertake further study at university, or seek employment in a range of management roles within the hospitality industry, depending on your previous experience - current employment prospects are very positive.
When applying for this course, prior study within the industry will be considered. Where there is limited study, you may be directed into a more suitable level course.
- Financial management
- Regulatory compliance
- Recruiting and inducting staff and managing staff performance
- Managing assets
- Coordinating in-house events
- Workplace health and safety
- Inspiring and supportive leadership skills
- Excellent organisational and decision making skills
- Advanced interpersonal skills
- Effective communicator
You can enrol in this course after completion of SIT50416 Diploma of Hospitality (Duration: 3 semesters). You will then complete this Advanced Diploma in one additional semester.
Other job titles may include:
- Executive Housekeeper
- Rooms Division Manager
- Area Manager | Operations Manager
- Motel Owner | Motel Manager
- Food and Beverage Manager
- Executive Chef | Executive Sous Chef | Head Chef
- Café Owner | Café Manager
- Club Secretary | Club Manager
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
Estimated Course Fee
Estimated Concession Fee
Eligible for VSL
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses, or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.