Get qualified to work in this booming industry
The Australian Government's Cyber Security Strategy states that Australia, along with many other nations is facing a skills shortage in the field of cyber security and these skills are essential in our connected technology-enabled world. Current predictions estimate that we will see a worldwide deficit of 1.5 million information security professionals by 2020 while employment prospects for cyber security and related jobs in Australia will grow by 21% over the next 5 years according to Labour Market employment projections.
Both state and federal governments have made a commitment to ensure Australians have the opportunity to equip themselves with cyber security skills and North Metropolitan TAFE is a premier Cyber Security training provider at the paraprofessional level.
As a cyber security graduate, you could be a member of a team of security practitioners on the front line protecting the integrity of your company’s security perimeter and IT network. As an integral team member, you will work to develop and maintain the company’s cyber security policies and overall defence strategy and to rigorously test and work to protect the company’s information assets.
New students who have not studied the course that precedes this qualification must contact the area or apply instead for Certificate IV in CyberSecurity due to pre-requisite skills/knowledge requirements.
- Monitor the risks of cyber security attacks
- Prepare and implement appropriate risk management plans
- Prepare and implement appropriate mitigation solutions
- Use a range of tools and procedures to identify and block cyber security threats
- Protect an organisation from insider security breaches
- Develop and implement risk mitigation solutions for cloud systems
- Implement privacy and compliance policies in accordance with Australian Cyber Law
I have the following attributes:
- Able to apply analytical and problem solving skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team
You must have completed 22334VIC Certificate IV in Cyber Security or equivalent; or have at least two years of comprehensive and relevant workplace experience.
This hands on course is run over 2 semesters for approximately 25 hours per week with classes and laboratories scheduled between 8:30am - 5:30pm, Monday to Friday.
Additional access to laboratories is also available during these times for students to further develop their skills.
Other job titles may include:
- Computer Technical Support Security
- Information Security
- Penetration Tester
- Network Audit Officer
- Security Systems Help Desk Support
- Website/Network Security Officer
- Network Operations Centre team Member
- Cyber Security Operations Centre Officer
On successfully completion of the Advanced Diploma of Cyber Security you may wish to undertake further study in one the following univerity pathways:
- Bachelor of Science (Cyber Security) at Edith Cowan University
- Other tertiary level Bachelor courses
Please contact your preferred university for more information.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred option below to get started with your application.
Semester 2, 2021
Joondalup (Kendrew Crescent) - On Campus
|When||Semester 2, 2021|
|Where||Joondalup (Kendrew Crescent)|