Put the focus on the world around you
This qualification prepares you to work in the industry as a professional photographer, providing you with practical skills and knowledge in the areas of high-level image capture, sophisticated post-production skills, business development and creative thinking skills. Genres of photography include commercial/advertising, portraiture and wedding, fine art, landscape, documentary and photo-journalism and more.
A range of photography techniques are covered during the course including drone operation, VR, alternative process (wet darkroom), video and multimedia and more.
Please note: Completion of CUA50915 AZM2 Diploma of Photography and Photo Imaging (or equivalent) is high recommended prior to enrolling into this Advanced Diploma course.
North Metro TAFE's lecturers are closely involved with the Australian Institute of Professional Photography (and other professional bodies) and you'll be supported to participate in both state and national photography events, proving you the opportunity to network with some of Australia’s and the World’s leading professional photographers.
NMT has been awarded AIPP's Australian Tertiary Institution of the Year for 2017, 2018 and 2019
- Photography skills in the area of commercial/advertising, portraiture and wedding, fine art, landscape, documentary and photo-journalism and more
- Studio photography and lighting techniques
- Range of post-production and retouching skills.
- Exhibition photography
- Practical business skills and working with clients.
- Managing copyright Building your creative portfolio
I have the following attributes:
- Artistic and creative ability
- Keen eye for detail
- Enthusiasm for experimenting with different techniques
- Good communication skills
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|Completion of WACE General or ATAR (Minimum C Grades) or equivalent||Completion of WACE General or ATAR or equivalent (minimum C Grades)||Certificate III|
The Advanced Diploma of Creative Product Development (Photography) prepares you for roles such as Professional Photographer in the following fields:
- Commercial Photography
- Domestic Photography
- Documentary Photography
- Portrait Photography
- Artistic Photography
Estimated Course Fee
Estimated Concession Fee
Eligible for VSL
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.