Become a leader in the community services industry
Learn to coordinate and manage small community service groups or branches/departments of large community organisations.
By completing this course you'll build upon your existing skills and develop your expertise as a senior administrative worker within the community services industry.
You may also use your existing workplace experience to gain credit for some aspects of this course.
This course is only delivered through an employer-based study mode, participants will need to be employed in a role that includes a moderate level of management in order to complete this qualification.
- Strategic planning
- Financial management
- Networking and partnerships
- Leadership, innovation and team building
I have the following attributes:
- Passionate about promoting and increasing community awareness
- Dedicated, proactive and innovative
- Sensitive towards the diverse backgrounds, beliefs, cultures and attitudes of others
- Strong planning and organising ability, and a penchant for problem solving
- Strong developed interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to undertake research and project work
Employer-based training offers a flexible, self-paced study program which combines workplace recognition of prior learning and individualised ‘gap’ training to attain your qualification.
This means every time you go to work you are learning and demonstrating competence whilst working towards your qualification. The flexibility of Employer-based training allows you to structure and perform learning and assessment in a way that fits into your professional and personal life.
Learning and assessment plans are created on an individual level in consultation with you and/or your employer. Assessment is conducted using numerous methods including practical demonstration and observation, question and answer interviews, written tasks, supervisor reports and workshops.
To enquire or enrol please fill out the Course Enquiry Form
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|Completion of WACE General or ATAR (Minimum C Grades) or equivalent||Completion of WACE General or ATAR or equivalent (minimum C Grades)||Certificate III|
This course is only delivered through a employer-based study mode, therefore participants need to be employed in a role that includes a moderate level of management work in order to complete this qualification.
- Community Manager (Care, Development, Education, Recreation)
- Neighbourhood Centre Manager
- Community Work Coordinator
- Community Services Coordinator
- Coordinator of Volunteer Work
- Project Manager (Community Services)
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
Graduates may be eligible for university entry.
Estimated Course Fee
Estimated Concession Fee
Eligible for VSL
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.