Want to work on international engineering projects?
Gain advanced skills in the design and drafting of engineering plans to Australian and New Zealand standards and you could be working on local, interstate or international engineering projects.
This comprehensive qualification in civil and structural engineering could see you working on projects ranging from skyscrapers to intricate road designs.
This course will extend your study of the design and construction of civil works like dams, structures and pipe networks that is covered in the Diploma course.
While the emphasis is on producing working drawings for civil works which are used to communicate the engineers designs to the workers involved in constructing the works, you can participate more in the design decisions that are made.
You will learn a range of engineering drafting standards and receive exposure to CAD programs selected from autocad, Revit and 12D. You will extend your ability to address technical issues beyond what is achieved in the Diploma course.
- Apply construction principles to civil engineering works
- Produce advanced engineering designs and drawings
- 3D CAD in engineering
- Learn structural analysis in engineering
I have the following attributes:
- An interest in solving practical and technical problems
- Planning and organisational skills
- Analytical skills and the ability to interpret information
- Strong communication skills
- An understanding of the principles of physics and maths
The Diploma of Civil and Structural Engineering(opens in a new tab) forms the first year of the Advanced Diploma of Civil and Structural Engineering and should be completed before enrolling in the Advanced Diploma.
Certificate III in Engineering or related field.
This qualification will take an additional year after successful completion of the Diploma of Civil and Structural Engineering.
The Advanced Diploma is run at our East Perth campus with some lab work based at NMT's Perth campus (30 Aberdeen St building).
Other job titles may include:
- Senior Draftsperson
- Design Draftsperson
- Civil Engineering Assistant
- Engineering Associate
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
Successful completion may lead to Curtin University's Bachelor of Engineering (Civil and Construction) with the possibility of advanced standing.
This qualification is part of the Lower fees, local skills(opens in a new tab) program where you'll pay only half of the standard course fees from 1 January to 31 December 2021. The “annual fees cap” means that full-fee paying students will only pay a maximum of $1,200 (plus resource fee) and concession-fee paying students or those aged 15-24 years will only pay up to $400 (plus resource fee).
Estimated Course Fee
Estimated Concession Fee
Eligible for VSL
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses, or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.