Take your accounting career to the next level
Develop your knowledge of the accounting industry with the Advanced Diploma of Accounting. This course will provide you with the skills to take on complex accounting tasks in a range of industries.
Completion of the Advanced Diploma of Accounting may lead to further study at university.
- Complex tax returns and lodgements
- Complex corporate financial reports
- Corporate governance activities
- Develop and use complex spreadsheets
- Conduct internal audits
I have the following attributes:
- Strong organisational and record-keeping skills
- Good maths and analytical skills
- Methodical and logical
- Focussed with good attention to detail
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|Completion of WACE General or ATAR (Minimum C Grades) or equivalent||Completion of WACE General or ATAR or equivalent (minimum C Grades)||Certificate III|
Six months after completion of Diploma of Accounting
Classes are delivered over four days per week for one semester when you study full-time.
As well as the in-class component, approximately five hours of additional study each week outside of class hours, is recommended, including private study, assignment preparation, and research.
If you don’t have access to a computer and WiFi at home, we recommend using our library computers during library hours.
On your first day you should bring your North Metropolitan TAFE confirmation of enrolment, your student ID and stationery (pen and exercise book).
As a student you will also have additional costs associated with your study, for example text, course book/s, software and you will need to pay for stationery, printing and other materials required for your assignments.
Other job titles may include:
- Assistant Accountant
- Senior Financial Clerk
- Accounting Manager
Persons seeking registration with the Tax Practitioner Board (TPB) should check current registration requirements with the Board.
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
Degree courses at University
Estimated Course Fee
Estimated Concession Fee
Eligible for VSL
These fees are estimates only and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis.
- Fees might differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at enrolment each semester for the units enrolled for that period. Some year-long courses might have a bigger fee load in the first semester.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons (in 2021, students born on or after 1 July 2003 who are at least 15 years old) undertaking training that is not part of a VET Delivered to Secondary Schools program, the maximum course fee chargeable in 2021 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred option below to get started with your application.