Get paid to learn with Alstom's traineeship program!
This is an exciting opportunity for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students to gain employment in the rail manufacturing industry.
This program consists of two Rail Infrastructure Entry Level Skill Sets that allow you to get an introduction to Electrical and Mechanical topics, all while being a paid employee of Alstom (who have been awarded the railcar manufacturing and assembly contract as part of METRONET).
Upon successful completion of the 10 week course, you will receive a Statement of Attainment and have the opportunity to proceed to a 4 year apprenticeship with Alstom.
What you get
- Paid employment for 10 weeks with global organisation, Alstom
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) provided
- On the job experience
- Statement of Attainment (with nationally recognised Units of Competency) from NMTAFE
- Employment reference from Alstom
- Credit towards apprenticeship studies
- Opportunity to gain full-time employment as an Alstom apprentice
What do I do next?
Complete the details in the form below and click submit to register your interest in this course.
You will be sent details of an Information Session that will be run by Alstom, at the METRONET Bellevue Railcar Depot (date to be confirmed).
Dates and times
Start date Monday, 31 January 2022
End date Wednesday, 6 April 202
Duration 10 weeks (excludes school holidays)
Times 8.00am to 3.45pm Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday; 7:00am to 10:00am Thursday
North Metropolitan TAFE, Midland campus (3 days per week)
Corner of Lloyd Street and Eddie Barron Drive, Midland
METRONET Bellevue Railcar Depot (3 hours per week)
17 Robinson Road, Bellevue
- Be interested in starting a trade in the railcar manufacturing industry
- Be aged 16 years or older
- Pass a pre-employment medical, drug and alcohol screen
- Ability to travel to Midland campus and Bellevue Railcar Depot