Home | Current students | International student support

International student support

TAFE International Office

The International Office at North Metropolitan TAFE provides support relating to your study or personal issues. College staff will be able to assist you with:

  • Advice on courses and pathways;
  • Your application for continuing enrolment;
  • Advice on change of course/ units pathways;
  • Updating your contact details (i.e. address, email, mobile numbers);
  • Monitoring your class attendance and progress and work with you through an Intervention Strategy in consultation with the lecturer if you are “at risk” of falling behind in your studies;
  • Overseas Student Health Care Information; and
  • Transperth information on public transportation (buses and trains).

International Student Advisors

The International Student Advisors are your official point of contact within the International Centre.
Your advisor has up-to-date details of our support services to ensure that you have a safe, enjoyable and rewarding place to study.

Find the advisor for your study area below

Contact your Student Advisor for:
•    Support and advice
•    Visa conditions
•    Study area liaison
•    Change of personal details

Business & Management | Financial Services | Art
Marian Bishopp 
E marian.bishopp@nmtafe.wa.edu.au
T Perth 9427 1487 (Mon - Thur)
Community & Children's Services | Health | Design
Dorian Montalvo 
E dorian.montalvo@nmtafe.wa.edu.au
T Leederville 9202 4904 (Mon, Tue) / Mt Lawley 9202 4904 (Wed)/ Perth 9427 1823 (Fri)
Sport & Lifestyle | Building Design & Construction | Tourism & Languages | Media
Katy Davis
E katy.davis@nmtafe.wa.edu.au
T Perth 9427 1496 (Mon, Wed) / East Perth 6211 2272 (Tue)
Engineering | Science, Resources & Environment
Sacha Ward
E sacha.ward@nmtafe.wa.edu.au
T East Perth 6211 2272 (Mon) / Perth 9427 1117 (Tue to Fri)

Settling in Australia

The Department of Social Services have produced a number of documents designed to assist students settle into Australia.  This information is provided as advice only and is general in nature – you should always talk to an International Student Support Officer about your enrolment or directly to Immigration for specific details about your visa and associated requirements.

TAFE International Western Australia (TIWA)

TIWA can also assist with a range of issues relating to your enrolment. You can find helpful information for current students at www.tafeinternational.wa.edu.au/current-students including:

  • Your enrolment;
  • Forms, publications and policies; and
  • How to pay your fees.

For information about finding accommodation or safety advice for international students please visit the Help and advice section of the TIWA website.

TIWA contact details

T   9218 2100

E   admissions.tiwa@dtwd.wa.gov.au

W   www.tafeinternational.wa.edu.au/contact-us

F   www.facebook.com/TAFEInternationalWesternAustralia

Please make sure your email address is up to date as this is our primary method of contact.


Page last updated February 24, 2017