- Aerospace, Maritime and Logistics
- Agriculture, Animals, Science and the Environment
- Building and Construction
- Business and Finance
- Creative Industries
- Education and Community Services
- Engineering and Mining
- English, Languages and Foundation Studies
- Health, Beauty and Fitness
- Hospitality, Tourism and Events
- Information Technology, Library and Digital
- Current students
- Short courses
North Metropolitan TAFE is pleased to offer VET in Schools (VETiS) programs for year 11 and 12 students attending school in 2017. Year 2016 students continuing in 2017 in the same qualification/program do not need to apply online. We will liaise with your school VET Coordinator to confirm your intentions in early October.
VETiS programs are extremely competitive, therefore it is recommended that you provide as much evidence as possible to support the application. Submission of your latest school report is essential and including other documents such as a resume, references and/or certificates will help support your application.
C grade average in Maths and English is an essential requirement for selection in any VETiS program. Students may also be required to attend an interview and in some cases complete an aptitude or Maths test.
Before you start your VET in Schools application you will need the following information:
- School Curriculum & Standards Authority (SCSA) number (This can be found on your school report or speak with your VET in Schools Coordinator)
- Unique Student Identifier (USI) number (If you have not already created the USI then you will need to visit this website first www.usi.gov.au/students/create-your-USI )
- Most recent school report in an electronic format i.e. PDF
- Parent/guardian email address
- Parent/guardian mobile phone number.
Note If you do not have this information you will not be able to submit your application.
The more information you submit the more competitive your application will become. Other information that you may want to consider having available when doing you application includes:
- Volunteer work
- Certificates (leadership, sporting, first aid etc.)
- Supporting information.
When selecting course preferences it is important that you have read the information about each course in the 2017 VETIS Program Brochure (0.00kb) and discuss your options with your school VET Coordinator as not all courses may be appropriate for you.
When selecting your course you will need to select your campus first. It is important that you can travel with ease to and from that campus (you may find this website useful) www.transperth.wa.gov.au
Please ensure that you have discussed your preferences with your school VET Coordinator before you start your application as they will be contacted to endorse your application.
Once you commence your application, you can save your changes if you need to exit and return at a later time. You will be emailed a link to your saved application which you can only access from the email address entered at the time you save and exit.
Page last updated January 27, 2017